Monthly Archives: May 2011

Black Mountain Log Cabin Vacation Home

This home was a vacation rental cabin about 30 minutes from Asheville, North Carolina.  In other words, it was a second-home investment property.  The lender was Asheville Savings Bank (a community bank), and there was one mortgage.  This short sale was successfully negotiated within only a few weeks, with the seller receiving a full satisfaction […]

Posted in Closed Short Sales, North Carolina Short Sale News | Comments closed

Treasury Issues HAMP Performance Report

The Treasury recently issued the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) Performance Report (through April 2011).  The statistics are quite interesting. Here are some of the points I thought worth noting: California (24%) and Florida (12%) represent a combined 36% of HAMP activity (active trials and permanent modifications). (p. 4 of the report) Borrowers whose HAMP […]

Posted in HAMP Loan Modifications | Comments closed